Expert Witness – Real Estate Appraisals
Korpacz Realty Advisors, Inc. (KRA) is a national real estate valuation firm that provides litigation support services and expert witness services for its clients involved in real estate litigation disputes. We represent individual, corporate, and partnership real estate investors, law firms, and government agencies.
- Expert witness testimony – real estate appraisals. Mr. Korpacz has qualified as an expert witness for real estate appraisals in Federal courts, District courts, and other litigation venues in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Washington State, Vermont, Virginia, the District of Columbia, and Ontario, Canada.
- Providing additional experts. KRA has an extensive network of credentialed experts with pertinent qualifications to provide additional expert testimony as needed.
- Litigation support strategies. Recognizing that each case has special conditions in a range of legal environments, KRA helps its clients develop sound litigation strategies customized to their needs. Types of support include non-testifying services, such as
- Expert witness selection – finding experts who are qualified with significant experience with the property type and valuation issues
- Expert witness preparation – regarding valuation methodology, areas of weakness in reports, and cross examination preparation on valuation methodologies
- Valuation methodology assistance – studies on fee simple issues, cap rate derivation, comparable sale selection and use, and valuation of regional malls, corporate headquaters, department stores, chain drug stores, and hotels
- Opposing witness critiques – opposing witness rebuttal reports and suggested lines of cross examination inquiries
- Rebuttal reports and testimony. In disputes, parties need to understand and be prepared to refute the unreasonable assertions of the opposition. KRA prepares a critique of the known and probable positions of client’s opposing experts and can provide expert rebuttal testimony as needed.
- Dispute types. The services described above are provided for various types of disputes, including:
- Assessment appeals
- Class-action lawsuits
- Mediation – work with both parties to resolve disputes fairly
- Partnership disputes