Valuation Methodology Studies
The firm provides advice and guidance on market-based valuation methodology for various property types. Examples of typical property type methodology studies include:
- Chain drug store properties in Hillsborough County (Tampa), FL
- Resort-hotels for Eagle County, CO
- Hotel properties for Arlington County, VA
- Big-box retail property…Dark vs. Open for the City of Sault Ste. Marie, MI
- Big-box retail property for Boone County, IN
Examples of studies involving proper cap rate methodology issues include:
- Are regional mall property investments a national product (i.e., national markets)?
- Are overall capitalization rates on regional mall sale transactions in California generally lower than cap rates for regional mall transactions in the rest of the United States?
- Do larger, non-mall shopping centers, especially town centers and big-box/power centers, involve less risk than regional mall investments and, therefore, sell at lower cap rates?
An example of a study involving the selection and use of a market-based cap rate for a regional mall valuation:
- Researched and produced a Methodology Study of the Proper Selection and Use of Comparable Sales for Regional Mall Appraisals for a major regional mall REIT in connection with an assessment of a regional mall.